September 27, 2023 — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today launched a virtual startup program focused on sustainability and energy management at SAP.iO Foundry Munich. A jury of experts from SAP, alongside SAP partners and customers evaluated numerous applicants and selected 12 startups to join the program.
The energy and natural resources industries have undergone a significant transformation in recent years, moving from centralized fossil fuel-based operations to a more decentralized and diverse landscape powered by renewables. This shift has been driven by environmental concerns and technological innovations that promise to make extraction and processing more efficient, cost-effective, and sustainable. The movement requires companies to develop intelligent solutions for energy generation and storage, water management, and circular production processes, while striving for energy efficiency in their own operations.
During the five-month, equity-free program, SAP will work with the selected startups to integrate and jointly offer solutions for this new more sustainable reality. The startups will receive curated mentorship, access to SAP® technology and application programming interfaces (APIs), and exposure to SAP customers with the opportunity to develop high-impact proofs of concept.
The following startups are participating in the program at SAP.iO Foundry Munich:
- CibusCell provides a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform to companies in the hydrogen value chain for analyzing potentials, digitizing processes, and optimizing production and collaboration.
- enercast provides accurate power generation forecasts that enable customers to efficiently operate their assets, ensure grid stability and increase their trading margins.
- envelio offers an intelligent grid platform that transforms power grids into digital, flexible and interactive smart grids.
- evergen provides an advanced energy management software platform that uses machine learning algorithms to optimize and digitize the use of renewable energy assets across the entire energy chain.
- EZZING offers digital solutions that optimize the entire value chain of the photovoltaic sector and solar energy in the field of distributed generation.
- greenventory builds a digital twin of a city or supply area and analyses its energy potential and uncovers future opportunities.
- HData helps companies access and analyze energy regulatory information instantly, reducing the burden of regulatory work while enhancing the business value of energy data analysis.
- Kerith supports companies to achieve maximal savings, secure their energy supply for the long term, and find the right strategy to realize their sustainability goals.
- Recyda analyses the recyclability of a company’s entire packaging portfolio according to leading industry standards and automates the calculation of EPR fees and plastic taxes for international markets.
- S1Seven provides a digital material passport that connects auditable quality and sustainability data.
- Sympheny provides evolved energy planning through optimized energy supply solutions for buildings and districts.
- Tronity helps companies gain full control over their EV data, benefitting from full transparency of their charging costs and take advantage of smart document management
For more information, visit https://sap.io/muc-f23/.
SAP.iO curates a relevant and diverse startup ecosystem that extends the value of SAP solutions and meets the continuously evolving needs of our customers. Our programs provide dedicated support to the most promising startups as they launch and scale relationships with SAP and our global network of customers, partners, and employees. Since 2017, we have connected thousands of SAP customers with innovative enterprise software startups, helping them find solutions to their unique needs. For more information, visit http://sap.io/.