23 May, 2023 — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) and Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) have launched the Intelligent Sustainable Enterprise program, a 6-month program focused on supporting tech startups to build innovative solutions for businesses in the following areas: 5G, internet of things (IoT), robotics, data analytics and augmented, virtual, or mixed reality (AR/VR/MR).
As we continue to navigate the challenges of a highly disruptive and rapidly evolving world, it is becoming increasingly important for businesses to not only be profitable, but also sustainable and intelligent. By using innovative technology, enterprises can make informed decisions and respond to market changes quickly. Companies that are more agile and intelligent in their decision-making processes are best positioned for long-term success in today’s competitive business landscape.
“As one of the fastest-growing regions in the world, South East Asia is a hotbed of innovation and a hub for startups. With its diverse and dynamic economy, rich culture, and young, digitally savvy population, the region presents immense opportunities for businesses to grow and thrive. At SAP, we are committed to supporting co-innovation, and are excited to collaborate with IMDA to create a vibrant ecosystem for startups to achieve their goals,” said Verena Siow, President and Managing Director, South East Asia at SAP.
Highlighting the importance of sustainability of tech solutions within the business and to the environment, 9 startups have been selected by a jury of experts from SAP and IMDA, as well as selected SAP customers to join the program. The selected startups will gain opportunities to work with leading corporates and end users to demonstrate real-world applications of innovative technology to address challenges across various industries.
Through the Intelligent Sustainable Enterprise Program, the selected startups will be given resources and support to commercialise their innovative tech solutions with access to:
- Dedicated mentorship by the teams at SAP and IMDA;
- SAP’s enterprise customers and IMDA’s network of corporates, startups and industry partners;
- SAP’s technology and application programming interfaces (APIs);
- Resources in 5G, AR, VR and a panel of consultants on subjects such as design thinking, digital storytelling and UI/UX at IMDA’s innovation hub – PIXEL*
Where relevant, selected startups may enrich their own catalogue of services and offerings by participating in IMDA’s programmes – ranging from 5G, artificial intelligence (AI), trust tech to open innovation platform challenges.
“Innovation plays a critical role in today’s competitive landscape, and we believe in building the ecosystem alongside our partners. With the Intelligent Sustainable Enterprise program, in collaboration with SAP, we will bring in IMDA’s innovation, tech resources, business networks, and leverage SAP’s expertise, to accelerate the growth of our tech startups globally,” said Justin Ang, Assistant Chief Executive of Singapore’s Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA).
*PIXEL supports corporates and startups in digital innovation through customised consultation to identify opportunities and develop tech products based on their unique business needs. Powered by the Open Innovation Platform (OIP), corporates can crowdsource for innovative solutions from IMDA’s global network of over 12,000 solution providers. One of the top launchpads in South East Asia, PIXEL also houses specialised labs including AR/VR, 5G, usability testing, as well as co-working spaces.
The following startups are participating in the program:
- Ackcio builds wireless monitoring systems to make industrial operations smarter and faster.
- Delta Capture effortlessly manages the sustainability of agriculture supply chain
- Intangles transforms fleet monitoring standards by leveraging on their proprietary digital twin technology.
- QZense helps companies optimize food supply chain operations with their IoT-based automation and analytics solutions.
- Scoutbee provides actionable supplier insights for better business outcomes powered by the Scoutbee Intelligence Platform.
- SkyMap provides location-based data analytics to deliver sustainability related geospatial AI applications at scale.
- Unbox Robotics elevates fulfillment for digital commerce with intelligent vertical robotic sortation.
- UNL Global enables businesses to build highly scalable, hyperlocal services and applications with their mapping, location, and data tools.
- xSquare leverages intelligent warehouse automation technology to optimize warehouse operations without changing existing configurations.
For program developments and opportunities to participate in innovation workshops with the selected startups, refer to the updates on https://sap.io/sgp-23/ .
SAP.iO curates a relevant and diverse startup ecosystem that extends the value of SAP solutions and meets the continuously evolving needs of our customers. Our programs provide dedicated support to the most promising startups as they launch and scale relationships with SAP and our global network of customers, partners, and employees. Since 2017, we have connected thousands of SAP customers with innovative enterprise software startups, helping them find solutions to their unique needs. For more information, visit http://sap.io/.
About Infocomm Media Development Authority
The Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) leads Singapore’s digital transformation by developing a vibrant digital economy and an inclusive digital society. As Architects of Singapore’s Digital Future, we foster growth in Infocomm Technology and Media sectors in concert with progressive regulations, harnessing frontier technologies, and developing local talent and digital infrastructure ecosystems to establish Singapore as a digital metropolis.
For more news and information, visit www.imda.gov.sg or follow IMDA on LinkedIn (IMDA – Singapore), Facebook (IMDAsg), Instagram (@IMDAsg) and Twitter (@IMDAsg).
For more information, please contact:
Director, SAP.iO Foundry Singapore
Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA)
Elsa Kimy Yue
+65 8338 8942 | firstname.lastname@example.org