October 5, 2021 — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) launched a virtual startup program focused on health sciences at SAP.iO Foundry Berlin. The eight international startups have been selected by a jury of SAP experts, partners and customers to join the program.
The COVID-19 pandemic has further demonstrated that a digitalized patient journey and efficient clinical trials are imperative to a good health system. With this program, SAP.iO aims to increase the visibility and influence of startups who have made improvement in these areas their mission.
“Our customers depend upon SAP and our ecosystem to provide them with access to the best innovations for their businesses, delivered quickly, in order to provide real, tangible benefits”, said Matthew Laukaitis, Global General Manager, Consumer Industries at SAP. “The SAP.iO program helps our customers understand each startup’s niche innovation and use cases that are consistent with their data and business strategy. We are enthusiastic about working with each of the selected health sciences startups together with our customers, as the pace and impact of these innovations is far-reaching all across these industries.”
Over the next 12 weeks, the startups will have access to curated mentorship from SAP executives, exposure to SAP® technology and application programming interfaces (APIs), and opportunities to collaborate with SAP customers around the world.
The following startups are participating in the SAP.iO Foundry Berlin program:
Life Science Track
- Chekkit provides a patented consumer intelligence, engagement and loyalty software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution to help medicine and pharma companies fight illicit traders and fake medicines.
- Endeavor is a global consulting and specialty products firm with a focus on manufacturing, supply chain and logistics solutions in SAP and other IT platforms.
- GenLots provides a SaaS solution that uses machine learning to optimize supply chain processes including order plans, inventory, transactions and prices.
- Tag-N-Trac offers a proprietary ultra-thin smart label technology linked to a hardware-enabled SaaS/analytics platform that provides real-time supply chain visibility and traceability.
- Laura offers a machine learning-based clinical decision support system and an omnichannel platform to simplify access to medical services and improve the overall patient journey.
- Oribta focuses on conversational AI for healthcare and life science. Their virtual assistants and conversational platform help with digital front door applications, remote patient support, pre- and post-visit outreach, and other critical interactions throughout the care journey.
- Vyasa Analytics enables clients to organize and manage unstructured and semi-structured data assets via its Layar deep learning data fabric software. Data integrated within Layar can be used to derive insights and build dynamic knowledge graphs with intuitive natural language question answering.
- ELLKAY builds the data pipeline for labs, hospitals and health systems, ambulatory providers, healthcare IT vendors and payers. They offer interoperability data solutions, including data integrations, interface and connectivity solutions, data exchange feeds and conversion and data archive services.
SAP.iO delivers new partnerships and products for SAP by accelerating and scaling startup innovation as well as incubating employee ventures. SAP.iO brings together innovators from every region, industry, and line of business to transform how businesses run. Since 2017, SAP.iO has helped 300+ external startups and internal ventures accelerate their growth while enabling thousands of SAP customers to access innovation. For more information, visit https://sap.io/.