May 30, 2023 — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today launched a virtual startup program focused on supporting deskless workers and people managers at SAP.iO Foundry Tel Aviv. A jury of SAP SuccessFactors solution experts selected 10 international startups whose solutions address the personas’ unique challenges as specified in original SAP SuccessFactors research.
Research from SAP SuccessFactors reveals that deskless workers (workers who complete their work away from a desk and lack consistent access to technology or internal system) face unique challenges across the employee lifecycle, such as outdated hiring processes, inadequate rewards, and a lack of opportunities for meaningful development beyond ongoing required training. Deskless workers – and the managers and HR teams that support them – often lack fit-for-purpose technologies to solve their most pressing issues.
In addition to deskless workforces, SAP.iO is also addressing the challenges faced by people managers in this year’s program. Results from a new SAP SuccessFactors research program show that over 90 percent of people managers believe their role has changed in the past three years, with their roles becoming less tactical and administrative and focusing more on supporting their teams’ well-being and growth. However, people managers lack the technology and tools to thoroughly understand their team members’ needs, and HR leaders struggle to help managers navigate this change.
Driven by the findings of these research programs, SAP.iO aims to close these gaps through this program by establishing a partnership with 10 startups that address these challenges by integrating in SAP products.
”At SAP, we are committed to help our customers succeed in a rapidly changing world, and we understand the critical role employee experience plays in the success of any organization.” said Aaron Green, Chief Marketing & Solutions Officer at SAP SuccessFactors. “By combining our expertise with the innovative solutions of our partner startups, we are able to provide our customers with the capabilities they need to create a better employee experience, no matter where they work.”
Over the next 30 weeks, the startups will be guided and supported by SAP executives, receive exposure to SAP® technology and application programming interfaces (APIs), and opportunities to collaborate with SAP customers around the world.
The following startups are participating in the SAP.iO Foundry Tel Aviv program:
- Arist allows Fortune 500 organizations to create, deliver, and analyze bite-sized courses and nudges experienced over SMS, WhatsApp, Teams, and Slack to drive behavior change.
- Beekeeper gives frontline employees technology in one place to streamline their work, collaborate with teams, and access critical safety, maintenance and training information to be the best at their jobs.
- Bites Learning Ltd. combines the captivating nature of short videos with interactive elements, empowering organizations to effectively share professional knowledge and engage their workforce.
- Connecteam is a mobile first employee management platform to manage, train, and communicate with non-desk workforces.
- LumApps provides ultra-personalized and media-rich communications, smart integrations and automation, and community spaces that enhance collaboration and knowledge sharing across the enterprise.
- Operations1 digitizes operational shopfloor processes to empower workers.
- Retrain.ai is a responsible AI-driven talent intelligence platform for talent acquisition, talent management and skills mapping.
- Sense provides an AI-powered talent engagement platform that accelerates the hiring process by helping candidates find the right jobs and making recruiters more productive.
- Winningtemp analyzes and presents employee experience data with the help of AI.
- Yoobic offers a mobile frontline employee experience platform that is purpose-built for the retail, restaurant and hospitality industries.
SAP.iO curates a relevant and diverse startup ecosystem that extends the value of SAP solutions and meets the continuously evolving needs of our customers. Our programs provide dedicated support to the most promising startups as they launch and scale relationships with SAP and our global network of customers, partners, and employees. Since 2017, we have connected thousands of SAP customers with innovative enterprise software startups, helping them find solutions to their unique needs. For more information, visit http://sap.io/.