Personal healthcare experiences often spark pioneering cures, and Pinaki Dasgupta, CEO of Hindsait, is no exception. After two immediate family members weathered serious health issues, Dasgupta brought his digital expertise in manufacturing to the healthcare industry. His cloud-based startup is designed to help insurance companies and healthcare organizations reduce costs while boosting patient health by replacing manual reporting, preauthorization, and audits with AI-based automation.
Today’s data-driven companies need talent with twenty-first century skills such as computer programming, quality assurance, data validation and graphic design – skills uniquely suited for individuals on the autism spectrum. To help companies find that specialized talent, SAP Fieldglass and Daivergent today announced the Daivergent for Autism Recruiting solution is now available to SAP Fieldglass customers on the SAP App Center, the digital marketplace for SAP partner offerings. The partnership enables companies using SAP Fieldglass solutions to hire and manage neurodiverse talent who have been sourced and trained by Daivergent.
meQuilibrium, a leading engagement, performance and human capital solution based in Boston, has been honored for its innovations in the tech community by Deloitte Fast 500, SAP.iO, Mass Tech Leadership Awards, and the Timmy Awards.
Deloitte Fast 500
Deloitte’s “2019 North America Technology Fast 500,” an annual ranking of the fastest-growing North American companies in technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech sectors selected meQuilibrium as one of the fastest growing companies of 2019.
“This year marks the 25th anniversary of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, so we are especially pleased to announce and congratulate the 2019 winners,” said Sandra Shirai, vice chairman, Deloitte LLP, and U.S. technology, media and telecommunications leader. “Once again, we saw innovation across the board, with software companies continuing their dominance of the top ten. It’s always inspiring to see how the Fast 500 companies are transforming business and the world we live and work in.”
SAP SE selected meQuilibrium to participate in its Fall 2019 accelerator program at SAP.iO Foundry New York. SAP.iO is SAP’s strategic business unit focused on cultivating a global network of startups to expand and enhance the SAP ecosystem and customer solutions. During the three-month in-residence program, SAP.iO is providing meQuilibrium with access to world-class executives and mentorship, exposure to SAP technology and application programming interfaces (APIs), and opportunities to collaborate with SAP customers. meQuilibrium is one of seven startups chosen for the Fall 2019 program. The meQuilibrium application will be available in the SAP App Center this fall.
“This has been my mission for the last 20 years,” says Dr. Rajiv Shah of MyMeds, the company he founded in 2012. MyMeds is a medication management tool that helps consumers get a complete picture of the medication they have been prescribed and encourages adherence through a comprehensive “Digital + Human” approach.
Accessible as an app on the phone or a web-based tool on the desktop, consumers using MyMeds are able to auto-import their prescriptions, identify better prices for their medications, set up reminders and chat with expert pharmacists. MyMeds is also the only medication adherence platform to have connectivity with Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), enabling real-time data exchange between insurers, clinical teams and patients, providing new engagement insights that health systems never had access to before.
The 12-week program provided the startups with access to curated mentorship, exposure to SAP technology and application programmable interfaces (APIs), and access to SAP customers. It concludes with an invite-only Demo Day event for customers, partners and industry guests — such as Ronan Dunne, Verizon Consumer Group executive vice president and CEO; Beverly Parenti, The Last Mile executive director; angel investor Dan Scheinman and others — to meet the founders and hear about their collaboration with SAP and its customers.
“We are very excited about what has been achieved in the past three months and that we were able to help these startups deliver winning outcomes and incremental value to our customers,” said Ram Jambunathan, SAP.iO managing director and SAP senior vice president head of Corporate Strategy.
The cohort consists of the following startups:
- Constructor.io is an artificial intelligence (AI) commerce search and discovery solution that learns from usage to increase personalization and conversation rates. Constructor personalizes results from users on-site and online and optimizes them for business metrics relevant to the retailer.
- Breinify is a time-driven AI platform that predicts and acts on an individual’s highly dynamic interests. The technology blends traditional machine learning and AI techniques with complex temporal algorithms to make granular intelligent decisions that vary for each individual at any time.
- FINDMINE increases commerce orders by using machine learning to generate and display product collections that can be used together. FINDMINE ensures shoppers are able to see full product sets that answer the question “How do I use this?” It can be employed for every product and customer, and across every channel (e-commerce, e-mail, in-store, and for associates and customer support).
- Wisy is an engagement platform that gathers unique consumer and market insights for brands and retailers while increasing consumer engagement through mobile experiences.
- Idiomatic identifies top product and service issues by analyzing large amounts of customer interactions with AI and machine learning. Idiomatic helps companies turn customer feedback into customer intelligence through its voice-of-customer platform, which identifies and tracks all issues and trends in customer support inquiries, Net Promoter Score survey responses and app reviews.
- Askdata is a natural language engine that turns text questions into queries that search across enterprise data for the best answer. Business users with no technical skills can search for data in natural language with convenience and productivity.
- SetSail accelerates pipeline and flexibly drives strategic priorities in weekly sales incentive systems with machine learning and natural language processing. Customer events and e-mail sentiment are analyzed to objectively measure and reward true deal progress, allowing sales leaders to reward their representatives every week
Cultivate Technology Inc., San Francisco, $8 million: Trinity Ventures led the Series A funding of this A.I.-driven leadership coaching platform that focuses on the enterprise market. It was joined by Bloomberg Beta, Silicon Valley Data Capital and SAP.iO.
Cultivate, a digital leadership coaching platform that leverages artificial intelligence (AI) to provide in-the-moment feedback and management coaching within the enterprise, today announced an $8 million Series A investment to grow its go-to-market team and product offerings. Trinity Ventures led the Series A round with participation from previous investors Bloomberg Beta, Silicon Valley Data Capital and SAP.iO. Karan Mehandru from Trinity Ventures will be joining the Cultivate board of directors. Cultivate has raised a total of $10 million since the company exited from a Samsung NEXT accelerator program in the summer of 2018.
“As a consumer, I was always frustrated that when I’d buy a product, there was always more work for me afterwards. If I bought a skirt, I’d have to figure out how to wear it in an outfit. If I bought a couch I’d have to figure out what rug and throw pillows would look good with it and then buy those things. If I bought a new set of trims for my bathroom I’d have to search for the valves that would fit,” says Michelle Bacharach, founder and CEO of FINDMINE.
She discovered that when it came to recommending products to customers, retailers still relied heavily on manual processes. For instance, while brands know which products might be complementary — which pair of shoes would look great with the bag you’ve just added to your cart and which scarf, jeans or shirt would complete the look — they were just not very good at prompting the customers towards the right purchase. That’s where FINDMINE comes in.
FINDMINE uses AI to help customers “complete the look” and provides retailers an easy, efficient and scalable way of communicating that to customers. “Our engine shows consumers a little recipe for how to use each product they’re buying.” For brands and retailers using FINDMINE, the impact has been incredible. “For our customers the value is threefold. First, we’re helping them gain efficiency in their operations by spending fewer manhours in merchandising. Second, the overall brand experience is augmented for the customer, building loyalty. Third, FINDMINE helps generate revenue, in some cases as much as $60 million for a customer — because we help consumers make the right buying decisions.”
Innovation is currently a hot topic on the agenda of all corporates. Nearly all of them want to ‘make innovation real’. That is, they desire to harness innovation as the catalyst for achieving real business value, business outcomes, and better experiences for their customers.
Even before the term exploded in the ecosystem and beyond, SAP has always nurtured a culture of innovation by building an infrastructure that provides a foundation for growth and innovation.
To this end, SAP.iO Foundry Singapore was launched to help startups build innovative enterprise software solutions that deliver value to SAP customers. Startups accelerated in the program have integrated their solutions with various SAP products.
The first SAP.iO Foundry Singapore includes the following startups:
1.) Adaface — Enables and automates first-round tech interviews to identify the best engineering talent faster.
2.) Flowcast — Uses patented machine-learning algorithms to harness untapped, complex data to automate credit decision-making. This provides greater visibility to customers to address underserved markets.
3.) LuxTag — Provides an anti-counterfeiting and anti-theft solution that uses blockchain-enabled traceability to deter product counterfeiting and fraud.
4.) Notarum — Provides a modern workflow tool designed to reduce busywork by automating corporate due diligence. Notarum makes performing due diligence analysis and sharing work with teammates easier than ever.
5.) Pulsifi — Predicts workplace outcomes to identify, retain and develop great people. By using artificial intelligence to incorporate multiple data sources across hard skills and soft traits, this HR analytics platform derives employee success profiles to improve HR decisions across the employee lifecycle, from hiring to development.
6.) SizeNFit — Helps online shoppers find apparel that fits. This e-commerce add-on aims to increase sales and reduce returns.
7.) TADA — Offers data-driven customer advocacy and engagement platform that helps brands moving from transactions to relationships and customers to advocates. This enables businesses to attract, engage and retain customers.
One year after its opening, the SAP accelerator unveils the startups selected for its third GreenTech-oriented promotion
After a first startup promotion focused on supply chain, and a second focused on retail solutions, SAP is putting the spotlight on GreenTech for its third promotion. The selected startups all have in common that they offer their customers technologies to reduce their environmental footprint and enter the circular economy in order to have a positive impact on the world.
The objective of this GreenTech-focused promotion is to address a central issue in the economy, as Sébastien Gibier, Director of SAP.iO Foundry Paris, explains: “SAP has chosen to put its technology at the service of its customers to help them have a positive impact on society and the environment. One of the goals of our digital solutions is to optimize the use of their resources in response to the 17 sustainable development objectives set by the UN. We are convinced that, combined with SAP solutions, the technologies of the selected startups will help companies to respond even more effectively to these challenges. And we can positively respond to the 48% of French people who believe that massive investment is needed in more environmentally friendly technologies.
The 8 startups of the new SAP.iO cohort will be supported for 10 weeks, 3 days a week, by mentors and coaches from SAP and the startup ecosystem who will hold workshops on different themes.
Here are the French GreenTech startups selected by SAP.iO Foundry Paris:
- Circunomics: uses big data to recycle and put back on the market the various battery components.
- Uzer: offers digital solutions to reduce waste and improve recycling performance. The startup developed Eugène, a small box equipped with a screen and a scanner that you can set up near your kitchen bin. All you have to do is scan the barcodes of the packages when you throw them away and Eugene displays the right sorting instructions directly on its screen. This avoids confusion and wasted time when recycling.
- Evolution Energie: startup specialized in the management of energy purchases for manufacturers. It offers a software solution called “Flexinergy” that provides customers with additional tools and resources to independently control their operations on their contracts and on the energy markets.
- Hiboo: helps the construction industry to re-invent the way field operations are managed. Hiboo captures and centralizes data from multiple sources, providing strategic insights to optimize processes and unlock new business models.
- Harold Waste: develops software assistants for waste management and circular economy actors. The startup develops artificial intelligence capable of identifying and qualifying flows of plastics, metals and cardboard.
- Trinov: offers a SaaS platform to collect and analyze data to reduce at source and optimize waste management of economic activities.
- Ubleam : designed a new generation bar code, called “bleam”, which facilitates the use and maintenance of objects. This connected 3D tag, once attached to an object, can be scanned on a mobile device and gives access to interactive content, including all the technical documentation for the product concerned.
- iNex Circular: European industrial waste exchange platform to promote the circular economy on the ground. The company ensures that one company’s waste becomes another company’s resource.
14 startups accelerated by SAP.iO Foundry Paris, 10 of which are directly integrated into SAP solutions, in just 1 year
Silverback.ai, the leading AI-driven marketplace performance engine, announced today a deeper partnership with Mirakl, the leading global marketplace platform solutions provider, which will bring more sophisticated artificial intelligence capabilities to Mirakl customers.
SAP dévoile les start-up retenues pour son incubateur. La troisième promotion met le vert à l’honneur. Retour sur ces huit start-up orientée greentech.