April 06, 2022 — SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) has launched a virtual startup program focused on building a resilient supply chain at the SAP.iO Foundries Munich and Tel Aviv. A jury of experts from SAP and Accenture, alongside SAP partners and SAP customers including Siemens, Porsche Digital selected 12 startups from four supply chain domains to join the program.
The program builds upon SAP and Accenture’s long-standing partnership and shared commitment to using technology to help the world build a more resilient Supply Chain. The startups in this cohort will receive curated mentorship, access to SAP technology and application programming interfaces (APIs), and exposure to SAP and Accenture customers to develop high-impact proofs of concept.
Supply chain operations often represent the greatest area for risk and loss in many companies. By their nature, supply chains are globally dispersed and complex in their functionality. This makes them especially vulnerable to risk. Resilient supply chain technologies reduce risk by allowing visibility into all operations across the network – and empowering businesses to optimize and adapt their processes and logistics in real-time.
To address these challenges in the world’s supply chains, SAP.iO Foundries Munich and Tel Aviv joined forces and introduced the “Resilient Supply Chain” program. The cohort is the largest to date. The startups will work with the Foundries as well as leading companies from various fields on integration and partnership with SAP.
According to Jan Gilg, President and Chief Product Officer SAP S/4HANA, “A resilient supply chain, with risk strategies in place, predicts, responds and recovers from unanticipated events by either returning to its original state or morphing into a state that is even better at profitably meeting customers’ needs. It is about using the right tools to make the right business decisions, even under pressure.”
Over the next 14 weeks, the startups will have access to curated mentorship from SAP executives, exposure to SAP® technology and application programming interfaces (APIs), and opportunities to collaborate with SAP customers around the world. Their work includes creating new partnerships and value propositions that help solve key supply chain challenges.
The following startups are participating in the program:
Business Planning & Resiliency
- Bringoz – Intelligent delivery and distribution management system
- Craft.co – Build a more resilient supply chain through deeper supplier intelligence
- numi solutions GmbH – Enabling integrated and intelligent Supply Chain Decisions
- Tacto – We build sustainable supply chains
- MIXMOVE AS – Pushing the boundaries of performance, efficiency and sustainability in logistics.
- Portcast – Real-time predictive visibility and demand forecasting
Warehousing and fulfillment
- CognitOps Inc. – Automate your warehouse management
- Logidot – Optimize your industrial logistics and production with real-time tracking
- Magazino GmbH – builds and develops intelligent, mobile robots that automate material supply in production logistics.
- Picavi GmbH – Pick-by-Vision for cost reduction in your warehouse
- Verity – Information and insights when and where you need them–powered by self-flying drones
- Milkman Technologies – Last-Mile is the new Retail
SAP.iO delivers new partnerships and products for SAP by accelerating and scaling startup innovation as well as incubating employee ventures. SAP.iO brings together innovators from every region, industry, and line of business to transform how businesses run. Since 2017, SAP.iO has helped 300+ external startups and internal ventures accelerate their growth while enabling thousands of SAP customers to access innovation. For more information, visit http://sap.io/.