SAP.iO Foundry San Francisco graduate Paradox knows a thing or two about navigating the big, blue, bureaucratic ship that is SAP. From the get-go, Paradox considered SAP a strategic partner and came ready to commit to the path early on. From being the only digital recruiting assistant on SAP Store to use AI/ML to becoming an endorsed app in 2021(and a unicorn at that!), Paradox’s grit and mindset have helped them get a handle on the ins and outs of partnering with SAP, despite the various challenges. We sat down with Sylvia Miller, Paradox’s SVP of Alliances and Partnerships to discuss the mindset needed to optimize SAP as a channel partner.
On your mark, get set, learn!
One of the ways to make the most of your partnership with SAP? Come with a “ready-to-learn” attitude; consider yourself a student in the front row of SAP University! Sylvia emphasized the importance of asking questions, and being in a constant learning mode.
Some questions you should work to answer as an SAP Partner:
- How does the SAP ecosystem function overall?
- What are the general expectations of such a large enterprise? (from security and compliance to deadlines).
- Who are the key stakeholders that I must align with, and how do I reach them?
- What are the biggest needs and challenges of our mutual clients?
- What tangible tips and nuggets can SAP.iO’s curated mentorship provide to me?
- How can our startup organization and solution leverage SAP’s technology and open integration platform?
If you can’t answer these questions throughout your partnership journey, you will likely have a lot of difficulty in navigating a fruitful path forward. Once you do have the answers, there will be plethora of action items and follow ups for you to get to work on.