The COVID-19 pandemic put retailers in a challenging and unchartered situation to navigate. Businesses everywhere have had to learn how to stay afloat while keeping up to date with government guidelines – taking care of both customer safety and satisfaction with the service provided.
In many ways, retail tech has become crucial in fostering retailers’ relationships with their customers, helping businesses to operate in innovative, socially-distanced ways throughout 2020-2021. Celebrating this area of tech, TechRound have created our list of the top retail tech startups for 2021.
Top Retail Tech Startups 2021:
- Stint – Founded by Sam and Sol Schlagman
- Mercaux – Founded by Olga Kotsur and Alexey Petrov
- Futr – Founded by Andrew Wilkins and Lee Skyrme
- Tire Agent – Founded by Jared Kugel
- AfterShip – Founded by Andrew Chan, Dante Tsang and Teddy Chan
- SellersFunding – Founded by Alessandro Rodrigues Novaes, Fabio D. Knijnik and Ricardo Pero
- JTB Custom – Founded by Jud Barr
- SharpEnd – Founded by Cameron Worth
- SalesDuo – Founded by Arjun Narayan
- Perfitly – Founded by Dave Sharma and Raghav Sharma
- Oriient – Founded by Mickey Balter & Amiram Frish
- Loyalize – Founded by David John
- Edgify – Founded by Ofri Ben-Porat and Nadav Israel
- Wevat – Founded by Raphael Chow
- Soundtrack Your Brand – Founded by Ola Sars
- eDesk – Founded by Ray Nolan
- Farly – Founded by Farleigh Hungerford
- Swift – Founded by Lorenzo Alessi
- Swapi – Founded by Pete Howroyd
Mercaux, an SAP.iO startup participant, is on a mission to help re-invent physical retail stores by connecting them to the digital world. It’s new generation modular in-store platform connects stores to all the backend systems that ecommerce currently benefits from (such as order management, customer relationship management, product information management and payments), in addition to ecommerce itself. It then surfaces all this rich information into the hands of store associates through the Mercaux app, which is displayed on tablet or smartphone devices. This then allows the store associate to facilitate a much improved shopping experience by using assisted selling, digital styling, and mobile payment solutions to serve the customer.