About the Program
In March 2021, SAP.iO Foundry New York will start a 3-month, equity-free startup program for B2B startups with innovative software solutions designed to assist professionals, such as management consultants, lawyers, auditors and accountants, with project management, revenue management, resource planning and workflow automation.
During the program, our team will work closely with the startups on joint use cases for large accounting and consulting organizations, will provide technical support in building integrations with SAP Industry Cloud solutions (S/4 HANA) and will assist in engaging with SAP clients globally. Startups will work alongside world-class executives and mentors with a focus on the unique challenges of B2B companies: Go-to-Market, Enterprise Sales, Growth Marketing, Funding, Technology Scaling, Pricing, Product Management, and more. The application deadline is end of February.
This program is for startups with a working software solution in areas such as:
- Billing & Invoicing
- Budgeting & Planning
- Services Procurement
- Recruiting & Staffing
- Skills & People Analytics
- Workflow Automation
- Project Management & Scheduling
- Digital Process Automation
- Virtual Collaboration
- Revenue Management
- Contract Management
- Revenue Reporting
Our equity-free program includes:
- Technical support in building integrations with SAP solutions (SAP S/4HANA, Industry Cloud)
- Tailor-made account plan to reach relevant SAP clients
- Opportunities for joint customer engagements (white-paper, demos, pilots, events, PR, etc.)
- Joining the SAP PartnerEdge program and SAP Store
- Access to SAP Executives
- Focused mentorship
- Closing event
- Network of SAP.iO global team and Alumni
Who can apply?
- Companies from around the world that are Seed to Series D with enterprise customer traction.
- Startups whose strategy or future product roadmap includes partnering or integrating with SAP.
- Founding or executive teams with women or underrepresented team members (NY Foundry specific).
Frequently Asked Questions
The program is 100% virtual and the application is open for startups from around the world. You will not be requested to attend sessions in New York, as sessions will be online. Startups may have the option to visit SAP.iO offices in the future when facilities are open.
No, we have worked with Seed up to Series D companies in the past.
SAP.iO Foundry has different programs in 9 leading startup ecosystems around the world, where each location is focused on a different theme. Please take a look at other Foundries if the NY H2 2021 theme is not a fit.
Are we going to work only with the SAP.iO Foundry NY team or will we also meet relevant executives from SAP globally?
The SAP.iO Foundry NY team’s role is to execute a successful 3-month program. The goal of the program is to build long-term partnership between you and SAP globally. Early in the program, we’ll identify and engage with the right stakeholders for you in SAP to meet and work with.
No. The program is free of charge, with a clear goal to build the “next generation of partners” for SAP.
Startups will work alongside world-class executives and mentors with a focus on the unique challenges of B2B companies: Go-to-Market, Enterprise Sales, Growth Marketing, Funding, Technology Scaling, Pricing, Product Management, and more.
The SAP for Professional Services solution helps professional services companies deal with the complexity of their business requirements and achieve profitable growth by improving their operational efficiency, business responsiveness, and the customer relationship. SAP for Professional Services covers the entire business process of cross-industry professional services, from lead generation, opportunity management, project management, and project resource planning through to the follow-up processes in engagement management, such as invoice creation and analysis. Learn more here.
Yes. Here are some descriptions on Our Focus areas:
- Intelligent Bid
- Billing and Invoicing: Process of acquiring payment for products or services
- Budgeting: Estimate of income and expenditure for a certain period
- Services Procurement: Services Procurement as a process for buying and managing strategic outsourcing of work and consultancy through a statement of work.
- Intelligent Revenue
- Revenue Management: Revenue management is the application of disciplined analytics that predict consumer behaviour at the micro-market level and optimize product availability and price to maximize revenue growth.
- Reporting: Revenue reporting is the process of recording income.
- Contract Management: Strategy for managing business contracts
- Resource Planning
- Recruiting & Staffing: Simplify talent management to engage, develop, and retain the right talent
- Skills & People Analytics: Improve ability to lead workforce, accelerate change, and drive results with powerful, personalized people analytics.
- Services Management
- Virtual Collaboration: Virtual collaboration is the method of collaboration between virtual team members that is carried out via technology-mediated communication. Virtual collaboration follows the same process as collaboration, but the parties involved in virtual collaboration do not physically interact and communicate exclusively through technological channels.
- Enterprise Collaboration: A system of communication among corporate employees that may encompass the use of a collaboration platform, enterprise social networking tools, a corporate intranet and the public internet.
- Collaboration Software: Collaborative software or groupware is application software designed to help people involved in a common task to achieve their goals.
- Digital Process Automation: Process automation refers to the use of digital technology to perform a process or processes in order to accomplish a workflow or function. Digital process automation (DPA) drives business processes on the backend to ensure all work gets done effectively and efficiently.
- Work Management: Work management is a set of software products and services that apply workflow structure to the movement of information as well as to the interaction of business processes and human worker processes that generate the information.
- Workflow Automation: Workflow is the definition, execution and automation of business processes where tasks, information or documents are passed from one participate to another for action, according to a set of procedural rules.
- Workflow Software: A workflow application is a software application which automates, to at least some degree, a process or processes.
- Project Collaboration: Project collaboration is a method by which teams and team leaders plan, coordinate, control and monitor the project they are working on. This collaborative process works across departmental, corporate and national boundaries and helps especially with projects as they grow in complexity.
- Project Management: Project management is the discipline of initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria.
- Project Scheduling: The project schedule is the tool that communicates what work needs to be performed, which resources of the organization will perform the work and the timeframes in which that work needs to be performed.